Social Media Guru
The Part-Time Social Media Guru will coordinate, plan and execute a strong and engaging online presence for North Park Beer Co. Working with Brewery, Taproom, and Event Management, the Part-Time Social Media Guru will develop social media content and create a strategy to build brand awareness, increase traffic flow to our web and social platforms, and ultimately drive on-site sales and attention to events and promotions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a content calendar that functions as a planning resource and record/archive of the company’s social media activities
- Write copy and create content for all social media channels, while developing and staying true to the NPBC brand voice. The position requires solid writing skills and fluency with basic content creation tools and applications
- Understand thoroughly the ABC restrictions on social media and promotional content for breweries and adhere strictly to them.
- Schedule and post content on all social media channels; monitoring all NPBC online presence, as well as competitors’ and industry-related channels.
- Develop and implement daily, weekly, campaign-driven, and long-term social media content strategy, considering industry trends and customer engagement metrics.
- Grow NPBC’s social media audience & engagement across all channels. Create a sense of excitement and community among contributors - engage with audience and respond/react to comments and inquiries appropriately and promptly.
- Responsible for identifying meaningful metrics for each channel, providing regular reporting of the company’s progress on social media
- Work with Events, Brewery and Taproom Management to collaborate and effectively drive attention and/or ticket sales for on-site events and promotions.
- Proactively research and develop strategies to drive creation and adoption of new social media opportunities. Monitor new trends, tools, apps and effective benchmarks for measuring social media impact, specifically within the craft beer industry.
- Proactively develop strategies for visual content for social channels, including copywriting, video and static images (including Facebook Live, Instagram Stories and other micro-videos with light editing).
- Generate and curate a library of visual media for use in marketing campaigns.
- Become a brand ambassador and advocate of NPBC in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues with our audience where appropriate/when directed
- 3+ years of social media management for a brand, website and/or media company
- Possess Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field.
- Able to compose and take high quality photos
- Must be passionate about the independent craft brewing industry and NPBC beer
- Self-starter and team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide and educate other departments when necessary on social media tactics and strategies
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of social media for business use and technical familiarity with popular social media platforms and tools and their respective participants (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of computers and software including but not limited to Google Drive, Google AdWords, MailChimp, etc. with ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Solid knowledge of search engine optimization principles and best practices
- Strong troubleshooting skills, strong work ethic, and be able to work within a team AND independently with a great attitude.
- Highly organized with ability to manage priorities and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexible schedule and availability
Brewery Management, Taproom Management
Hourly (20+ hours per week), commensurate based on experience
Fill out the application in its entirety and email to: email@example.com
* Exempt/non-exempt status refers to an employee’s eligibility for overtime pay and certain other legal rights. Exempt/non-exempt status is a legal determination, based on applicable federal and state law and factors including the nature of the work, the specific job duties and responsibilities, and level/form of compensation. Non-exempt employees are typically paid by the hour for each hour worked during a pay period, and receive overtime pay in accordance with applicable overtime rules. Exempt employees are generally paid a salary intended to compensate them fully for all hours worked each week; as such, they are not compensated based on the number of hours worked and do not receive overtime pay.
North Park Beer Company is an equal opportunity employer.