Cellar Staff will be responsible for the safe and precise treatment of beer from fermentation tank to the brite beer tank, and also packaging of finished beer in kegs, bottles, and/or cans. This position may also assist in the delivery of products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Clean and sanitize brite beer tanks.
- Clean and sanitize fermentation tanks.
- Set, monitor, and adjust temperature of fermentation tanks to achieve optimal fermentation and conditioning of beer.
- Drain and monitor yeast during fermentation and conditioning.
- Taste beer after fermentation and communicate potential issues to Brewer.
- Prepare tanks for the transfer of beer.
- Transfer unfiltered beer directly to brite beer tank.
- Set beer carbonation to established level.
- Participate in cellar shift rotation as needed to accommodate production demands.
- Participate in beer production meetings.
- Provide general cellar maintenance and upkeep, and work other beer production team members if necessary to ensure a properly maintained cellar.
- Drive to various accounts within established radius around brewery.
- Deliver product to customers using delivery vehicle, pallet jack, and/or hand truck.
- Transport items from receiving or production to staging or to other designated areas.
- Accurately record invoices, credits, or other information on the delivery vehicle route manifest.
- Comply with any special instructions for proper and efficient beer deliveries.
- Safely and efficiently deliver products to customers pursuant to instructions.
- Maintain accurate record of route.
- Follow check-in procedures and very accurate payment of invoices.
- Assist customers during delivery, as needed.
Safety and Operational Protocols:
- Follow standard operating procedures and directives in the areas of safety and general operational protocols; manufacturing operations; quality control; cellaring; packaging; and material handling.
- Complete all required training and complete all required documentation for above-listed topics.
- Work with other team members to constantly innovate and improve our safety record, product quality, and operating efficiency.
- Maintain proper cleanliness and organization throughout manufacturing operations.
- Assist with clean up and wash down of equipment and brewing area after brew days.
- Assist with cleaning and sanitizing all fermenters and serving tanks.
- Assist with properly passivating fermenters, serving tanks, and other equipment as needed.
- Assist with cleaning of beerlines.
- Operate cellar equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain yeast disposal and grain area cleanup schedule.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
- Maintain inventory as needed, and report low levels of inventory to Cellar Lead and Brewery Management.
- Assist other departments as necessary.
- Participate and represent the brewery at various tastings, festivals, and/or beer events, both on-site and off-site.
- Assist with unloading raw materials during deliveries and then moving them into inventory space.
- Assist with oak barrel transportation, including loading and off-loading.
- As needed, assist with beer delivery (kegs and cases).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma - Formal brewing education and/or college degree preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Understand basic troubleshooting skills in the brewery environment.
- Possess working knowledge of beer and craft beer industry.
- Possess strong knowledge and enforcement of ABC laws.
- Possess awareness of local, state, and federal health and sanitation laws.
- Ability to work and communicate clearly with all staff members.
- Able to maintain excellent customer service and a high level of ethics while working under pressure.
- Able to lift heavy objects (25 – 50 lbs.) on a continual basis. Able to transport up to 160 lbs. (full kegs) with assistance.
- Able to stand, walk, lift, climb ladders, and bend for up to 8 hours per shift.
- Able to work in crowded and confined spaces.
- Able to work safely with chemicals with reasonable safety accommodations.
- Read, write, compute algebraic functions.
Brewery Management/Cellar Lead
Part time, Non-Exempt*
Commensurate based on experience.
Download our job application here: Job Application Form
Fill out the application in its entirety and email with your resume to: email@example.com
Applications accepted until position has been filled.
* Exempt/non-exempt status refers to an employee’s eligibility for overtime pay and certain other legal rights. Exempt/non-exempt status is a legal determination, based on applicable federal and state law and factors including the nature of the work, the specific job duties and responsibilities, and level/form of compensation. Non-exempt employees are typically paid by the hour for each hour worked during a pay period, and receive overtime pay in accordance with applicable overtime rules. Exempt employees are generally paid a salary intended to compensate them fully for all hours worked each week; as such, they are not compensated based on the number of hours worked and do not receive overtime pay.
North Park Beer Company strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.