The Sales Representative at North Park Beer Co. will be focused on establishing, building, and maintaining key on-premise accounts by making regular physical contact, emailing, text messaging, taking orders, invoicing, collecting payments, delivering beer, and cleaning draft lines; all of this while championing our beer and enforcing our iron-clad quality standards. The Sales Representative will also be responsible for schedule and coordinating offsite events such as tap takeovers, keep the glass nights, cask tappings and beer festivals. Long distance driving and overnight trips will be required. The NPBC Sales Representative will be responsible for providing friendly and courteous customer service at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct sales for on-premise draft accounts, including invoice creation, delivery (as needed), and tracking account statuses.
- Plan routes ensuring all existing accounts are seen on a regular basis and new prospective accounts are being visited.
- Maintain keg inventory control for each beer released.
- Coordinate with brewery staff to fill kegs as required for weekly sales.
- Identify key on-premise retailers in various San Diego markets and establish, build, and maintain relationships to grow sales.
- Maintain promotional events calendar and execute said events with key on-premise retailers (that may occur any day of the week).
- Coordinate our involvement in key beer festival events and represent us at said events.
- Plan and execute a weekly/bi-weekly planner of goals and account calls within each target market and complete calls/email/text messages to local buyers, decision makers, and key account managers.
- Work with existing accounts on a designated schedule (i.e., weekly, biweekly, monthly) basis, with the goal of increasing on-premise draft presence in target markets.
- Conduct waitstaff and bartender education, beer tastings, and promotions for on-premise accounts.
- Interact with customers, answer questions, and log any complaints (to be timely and accurately forwarded to appropriate individuals and managers.)
- Ensure delivery vehicle is well-maintained and report any issues immediately to brewery management.
- Clean and service beer lines at on-premise accounts as needed.
- Track results for sales of core, one-off, rotating, and seasonal brands.
- Track industry trends and report findings to brewery management.
- Comply with daily check-in, check-out procedures and all company policies.
- Work with Accounts Receivable as needed to resolve issues with past due accounts.
- Completely understand and embrace North Park Beer Co. beer and culture, and deliver on our mission to provide exceptional beer and courteous customer service to all retail on-premise accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum 2-year college degree (or equivalent experience) required, 4-year college degree (or equivalent experience) preferred.
- Computer user with proficiency in Google Docs applications (proficient at working in spreadsheets).
- Possess strong organizational skills, dependability, and tenacious follow through.
- Possess basic selling skills, public speaking skills, and clear and professional communication skills.
- Possess knowledge of beer and the craft beer industry.
- Possess strong knowledge of the Brewers Association Draft Quality Manual.
- Possess strong knowledge and enforcement of ABC laws.
- A flexible schedule that allows for working events on evenings and weekends as required.
- Able to maintain excellent customer service and high level of ethics while working under pressure.
- Able to lift heavy objects (25 – 55 lbs.) on a continual basis. Able to transport up to 160 lbs. (full kegs) with assistance. Able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for up to 8 hours per shift. Able to work in crowded and confined spaces.
Up to 90% (local and regional) travel time may be required.
Commensurate based on experience.
Download our job application here: Job Application Form
Fill out the application in its entirety and email with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted until position has been filled.
North Park Beer Company is an equal opportunity employer.